Policies and Procedures
There are several relevant University policies prohibiting sexual misconduct.
The University of Minnesota Board of Regents Policy: Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Stalking and Relationship Violence includes the scope of the policy, definitions, guiding principles, implementation, and monitoring. The policy states:
All University members are prohibited from engaging in, or assisting or abetting another’s engagement in, sexual assault, sexual harassment, relationship violence, stalking, and related retaliation (collectively “prohibited conduct”).
The University of Minnesota administrative policy, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Stalking and Relationship Violence, provides details about University policy and related procedures. The following topics are addressed in the administrative policy.
- Resources and Rights for Parties
- Supportive Measures
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Reporting Prohibited Conduct
- Campus Title IX Office Response to Alleged Prohibited Conduct
- Informal Problem-Solving Process
- Grievance Process
- Informal Resolution
- Post-investigation Informal Resolution/Administrative Resolution
- Disciplinary Sanctions, Remedies and Other Responsive Actions
- Supportive Measures Only
The University of Minnesota Board of Regents Policy: Student Conduct Code prohibits sexual misconduct in Section IV, Subd. 8. (and refers to the two policies above).